Monday, February 21, 2011

Crossing the Street Part 2

Yes, I am still bitching about it, well because, as usual I almost got hit crossing a street today, but this time, I had the right of way, as I as walking northbound on Sheridan road, a car kept trying to roll through the stop light to turn south on to Sheridan road, as she was talking on the phone, and not even looking to see me crossing the street, and if I didn't hit the hood of her car with my hand, odds are she would have just hit me - maybe I should have let her - for the insurance money people........

But she rolls down her window, and starts screaming at me, why you hitting on my car? and at this point, I just tear into her - and I think I say something to the effect of "If you got off your god damn phone and actually looked at where the fuck you were going you would have seen that your car was rolling into the fucking crosswalk while I was walking through it, and you would have also noticed the NO TURN ON RED SIGN from 7-7 pm, and that I had the fucking right of way"

Now, if I'm not mistaken, isn't talking on a hand held cell phone while driving illegal? and yet, you don't hear about many tickets being issued for assholes who could care less about anyone else but them selves talking on their cell phone while driving..... at least she wasn't texting.

And, in California, you see police issuing tickets for pedestrian crosswalk violations quite frequently, yet here in Rogers Park, Chicago, you almost never see it, and it happens in front of police a lot, and they seem not to care - does anyone care about pedestrians any longer? It's just out right rude how some drivers are so inconsiderate.

No comments: