Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shovelling and Snow

Well, Yes, it is that time of year, when those of you who own your homes, have a civic duty (which even though it is a law, it is seldom enforced) to shovel your walkways.

I mean seriously, we, those of us who are pedestrians, have to actually try to walk down the sidewalk in front of your home, and would rather not fall over, because of the now icy, uneven, snow covered sidewalk you were too lazy to shovel - what if an elderly person fell over and seriously hurt themselves? how would you feel then? Just because you were too lazy to give a crap...............

Now you (lazy homeowner) might say something like, " well, walk in the street" well, that's just plain dangerous - if the average car can barely get down a street right now, how in the (insert colorful expletive here) can a car and a pedestrian get down that same street? That car is going to either have to wait til the person gets out of the way, or it's not going to see the pedestrian, and we all know what happens from there.




Now those of you who have retail or commercial establishments should know better, and should be shoveling, I mean really,if I can't get into your store who the fuck do you expect me to shop there? and if you are too lazy to give a crap now in the cold months, well, maybe I'll be to lazy to give a crap in the warmer months, and spend my hard earned money somewhere else.....

And this saving parking space thing.......well, I don't have a car, and in this weather, I am so glad, but, I walk home from work on the later side of the night, when people are sleeping, and all of that furniture that they've been using to save spaces, that they leave on the sides of the street, well, I've been getting my pick at my new lawn furniture! So Far, I've got two awesome lawn / beach chairs, a really nice table for my back porch, and I'm now on the hunt for a couple of nice lawn chairs for my pack porch.....maybe some one will leave a weber grill outside...... we'll just have to keep looking

Anyway, to those of you who did shovel, thanks, much appreciated, for those of you lazy jerks who didn't.... Kiss My Grits!

1 comment:

The North Coast said...

Thank you so much for picking up all the household junk these inconsiderate slobs leave lying by the curb, that they use to "reserve" public property for their exclusive use.

I absolutely HATE seeing lawn chairs and other junk sitting in parking spaces and on the curb. Looks junky.

You are performing a public service. Keep up the good work. You deserve a top-of-the-line Weber grill for your work and I hope you score a really nice one off one of these morons.